Keeping your cat entertained in your home can become a full-time job. That is why we have put together some tips to keep your indoor cat happy and engaged;
- Create a high area for your cat to perch: Getting up high is an important way to relieve stress in the feline world. It is therefore essential to have accessible and safe high up resting places.
- Play with your cat: Our cats are natural hunters and therefore like to engage in short bursts of playful energy. Toys are a great way to interact with our cats during this time. Talk to us to find out our toy recommendations.
- Purchase safe self-play toys: As much as we would love to spend 24/7 with our cat, we do often need to leave them alone. Self-play toys are an excellent way for your cat to keep themselves entertained while you are out.
- Scratching posts: Scratching posts are essential to a cat household. Not only does it protect your furniture from becoming a victim, but they can be extremely stimulating and satisfying for your cat.
- Cat runs: If your home allows for it, consider investing in a cat run. This will allow your cat to get fresh air while still staying safe from the outside world.
For more information and tips on how to keep your indoor cat entertained, call us or book an appointment online.