We wanted to reach out to you in this time of uncertainty around the ever evolving COVID-19. The health and wellbeing of our clients and our staff is always at the forefront of our minds, and as such we are taking steps to ensure we minimise the risk of transmission of this virus to all parties.
Hygiene and health
We are monitoring this situation daily and updating how we operate accordingly. As such, we wanted to inform you that we have lifted our health and hygiene standards even higher to keep our team and clients safe, together with other precautionary measures.
As things continue to change, we understand that these are difficult times. Our aim is to continue to provide the best care to your pets. As such, we are now operating as an “ANIMAL ONLY” clinic. This means:
➡️ CONTACTLESS CONSULTS ❌ Upon arrival, please call us from your car to let us know you are here. A nurse will let you know when to come to the door. The nurse will take your pet through into the clinic. Our Vet will then call you to discuss your pet’s needs.
➡️ ORDERS - Food and certain medications can be ordered and paid for over the phone. Upon collection, call us from your car and your order will be taken out to your car.
➡️ CONTACTLESS PAYMENT - We are taking payments over the phone where possible.
We recognise these changes are significant, however, they are only temporary. We hope that you can understand that this is necessary, in order to reduce the spread of the virus and help protect our community.
How you can help
We are also asking you, our clients, to kindly read and follow the below recommendations:
- If you have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days, and your pet needs urgent assistance, please call us to discuss options so we can determine the best course of action which may include collecting your pet from your car and conducting the consultation via phone.
- If you have cold and flu symptoms, or are self-isolating, we ask that you delay your consultation until the period of self-isolation is complete or symptoms have resolved. If your pet needs urgent assistance, please call us to discuss options so we can determine the best course of action which may include collecting your pet from your car and conducting the consultation via phone.
- Social distancing. We ask that you refrain from handshakes, hugs or any physical contact with our staff. Waves and thumbs up are encouraged and appreciated. We also ask that wherever possible only ONE owner per pet attends the consultation.
- Your patience. We may have reduced staff numbers in coming days and weeks, and we ask that you are patient with our team members, we are all working to the best of our ability.
Interacting with your pet
There is no evidence to suggest that our pets can transmit COVID-19, however we encourage standard precautionary steps to be followed:
- Good hygiene when interacting with your pets.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water after touching your pet.
- Avoid sharing food with your pets, or letting your pets lick your face or mouth.
- Keep your pets’ vaccinations and parasite treatments up to date, and maintain regular veterinary health checks.
Should your pet develop an unexplained illness, contact your public health official and phone us.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support at this difficult time.